Even though there are so many great memories that my whole family has of the Houston Astrodome, “The Dome” for everyone in Houston, it is time to say goodbye. Over 10 years later and our local politicians still can’t just make a decision that has become so evident – it is time to say goodbye and get some more packing space for the new Reliant Stadium.
Don’t get me wrong – my whole family has great memories of the Dome. Who doesn’t remember:
- Dollar Dome Dog Days – thanks Brian Schwarz and Matt Vossler for introducing me to these delicious $1 muchies.
- UH games – vs. Rice was always great.
- Houston Oiler games – Luv ya Blue lives on, and may the Tennessee Titans go down in a fireball (no animosity there, right…).
- Astros games – I had season tickets with Brian again, and let me tell you, lots of fun. Love to see Nolan Ryan…
- Rodeos – oh yes, these were fun even though I don’t understand Houston’s fascination with this, good people, good times (concerts rock), and people watching is the best.
The University of Houston’s Daily Cougar really put a good spin on this discussion – thanks guys.
- Has Anyone Seen The Reliant Astrodome Lately?? (khmx.radio.com)
- Report: It Will Cost $78 Million To Demolish Astrodome (tracking.si.com)