We will take a break from looking at different types of organizations to take a look at the mechanics of creating a new corporation. Since there have been many requirements added since 9/11, including those added by the Homeland Security Agency and Dodd-Frank requirements, many items are now required that were not required previously before people will accept that you have a “real” organization.
- Incorporate – file your articles of incorporation with the domiciled state
- By Laws – Write them
- Incorporation meeting of the board of directors – minutes to adopt articles of incorporation, By Laws, appoint officers
- Issue stock certificates – must create a stock ledger
- Create a corporate binder
- Entity Identification Number (EIN) with the U.S. I.R.S.
- Create a Dun & Bradstreet Number (D.U.N.S.)
- Get an Internet domain name
- Create a website and associate the Internet domain with the website